Warning: gzinflate() [function.gzinflate]: data error in /home/content/32/4561832/html/wp-includes/http.php on line 1787
It depends on what you are looking for in a legging. My favorite brand for the basic black legging is ShapeFx - great control, durable and moderately price. If you want variety, try Newport News. Lots of styles ranging from high waist control top, denim fabric, scrunch bottom, leather, etc. For a large selection of plus sized options, try OneStopPlus. Finally there is Spanx and they tend to be shearer in the leg area. Of course, leggings are everywhere. But these brands tend to give you lots of support.
Here are a few suggestions:
Donald Pliner’s ”stretch” line of shoes and wedged mules are stylish and comfortable.
Taryn Rose has added high style to their line. Great looking shoes for the fall.
Cole Haan shoes are popping up everywhere from DSW to TJ Maxx. You might run across the perfect Air Nike for a steal.
Visually, a matching jacket and pant/skirt tends to be slenderizing and a heck of a lot less work! The key is being savvy with the rest of your outfit. Here are a few ideas:
- Switch out your basic white shirt with a white shirt with one simple row of ruffles around the neckline. The ruffles will add lots of punch to a black or navy suit. Finish off with diamond or pearl studs and a great shoe.
- Two words – statement necklace. Wear a simple shell and top it off with a great necklace. Abientot, Banana Republic and J.Crew have lots of options for the work environment.
- Go monochromatic. Pair your suit with a silky blouse in the same color. The look is slenderizing and sophisticated. Accessorize with long, thin layered chain necklaces.
- Commit to black. Try black tights and suede pumps with your black skirt suit. Complete the look with a leopard blouse or a black top and a chunky gold necklace.
Try a luxury brand computer or messenger bag . For example, Kate Spade, Dolce & Gabbana, Prada and Gucci have stylish, structured bags that will carry and protect your files and business materials.
Yes! Try the Shape FX Push-Up leggings – they smooth, shape and lift. There are several styles ranging from high waist leggings to boot cut and regular. www.shapefx.com
The fall/winter look is long and relatively lean, from leggings to bootcut or slim-legged jeans. But the real question is whether the proportion works for you. Unfortunately, capris and mid-calf pants tend to shorten the leg. If you do wear capris, try neutral colors, especially black, and pair with shoes that have a little height to help elongate the leg.
It depends. The summer scarf trend, which has carried through to the fall, is wearing the scarf as part of a nonchalant, bohemian look. A light scarf is worn long and loose around the neck. Your accessories should proportionately match the elongated shape of the scarf - try hoops and a casual, unstructured handbag. If the scarf is worn for warmth and to accessorize a jacket or coat, you would wrap the scarf around your neck therefore eliminating length. Under those circumstances, the scarf is less of a factor and your accessories should modify the outfit underneath.
Yes. The only rule is to have fun with your jewelry! Mixing metals is no longer prohibited by the fashion police. However, we do recommend upping the style quotient by layering your mixed metals. If it still doesn’t feel quite right, add one mixed piece – think David Yurman – to bring the look together.
The bootcut is flattering on all figures. We strongly recommend Gap’s new Perfect Boot jean - we have spoken with many women who love the fit and styling of the jean. Regarding the appropriate shoe, it depends. Bootcut jeans look great with strappy sandals and, of course, boots. Proportionately, the slim cut jean looks great inside the boot, long with a high pump and with flats. Flared jeans work best with platform shoes. The key is proportion and elongating your silhouette.
(For more, see our article “Pure Jeanius” on the Fashion Page.)
This season is full of fashion swagger – which suits full figured Savvy Broads quite well. Flattering fall trends include black paired with jewel tones or leopard prints, high impact jewelry, draping, ruflles and RED.
Try these stylish combinations:
- Jewel toned, silky wide sleeved tunic blouse combined with a statement necklace and black flared pants.
- Black knit pencil skirt (many flattering options for full figured ladies with spandex) and black tights with a leopard blouse, a short bright colored jacket or black motorcycle jacket.
- Long sleeved, beige ruffled blouse with a vest and bootcut jeans. The blouse, which covers the hips, is worn outside of the jeans and complete look with chandelier earrings.
- The “perfect” red dress with a gold cuff bracelet, simple hoop earrings and a leopard clutch. (Check out this great dress! Zappo.com)